Friday, September 4, 2009

Berry Picking

My sister and her kids came to visit, and my mom decided to take time out of her busy summer playing in Huntington Beach to come visit too. They had been trying to decide what they were going to do for the night and they decided on picking blackberries. So because I am all Super Susie Homemaker (or I like to pretend that I am), I decided to go with my family and pick some blackberries to make some yummy jam and maybe some syrup. We had so much fun. I didn't do a lot of picking. Trae an Kira each had their own little bucket, and were such good pickers. I taught them to just dump what was in their bucket into mine. Yes, I know, really smart of me. :) But it was a great night, and we finished it off with blackberry milkshakes when we got home. Delicious!!

The group getting ready to go pick some berries
we picked berries at McBride Farms. He was so helpful and tied Trae and Kira's buckets on Picking away
the berries were huge! it almost filled all of Trae's hand Blackberry Plant - the red ones aren't ripe yet. I thought that they were raspberries. Whoops!

Tia is being SUPER hot!!! She is so cute pregnant
And to finish off the post - the many crazy faces of Kira

No comments: