Monday, December 22, 2008

Las Vegas Bowl 2008

This weekend Dusty and I went down to Vegas to the watch BYU in the Las Vegas Bowl. It was really last minute (just like a lot of other things that we do). We got tickets Friday morning and left at noon. We missed the big storm, so that was great! We got down Friday night and went to dinner with my mom at BJ's. I love that place!!! I think that I could eat there every day.
Saturday we woke up, did a little shopping and got ready for the game.

This is Dusty and I doing a "Y" - in case you couldn't tell
The game, BYU did not do well at all. And they lost because they made so many mistakes.
It was sad to watch
Dusty and I at the game. He is still doing the "Y"

It was really cold! I had a turtleneck, puffy vest with hood, down coat with hood, and 2 beanies on. Dusty on the other hand was not quite as prepared. He got pretty cold.

Some things that were more interesting than the game itself.
1- David Hasslehoff sang the National Anthem. I was dying laughing. I know that is not respectful, but it was so funny! I just kept thinking of him and Baywatch. Weird
2- The BYU band is a little old fashioned. I much preferred the Arizona band. They played "I like big butts" and the whole crowd was singing. It was pretty entertaining
3- The thing that the BYU band did have going for them was that they were using a cowbell, and it reminded me of the SNL skit. I just wanted to yell "I need more cowbell!"
4- There was an Arizona fan that was sitting by us, and I just laughed at him through the whole game. It was totally into it, and was a great sport about the whole game.
All in all it was a great trip, and now we are just getting ready to celebrate Christmas and spend time with our families.



2 comments:

Muncher Cruncher said...

Cute pictures! It looks like you had so much fun!

Leah Stallings Fine Art Photography said...

Like I have said before...you two have way too much fun!!! I would have died laughing if I say "The Hoff"singing the National Anthem! I didn't know that guy could sing! I guess you learn something new everyday! I wanted to tell you two that Owen and Sophia still use those blankets that you sent them everyday!!! And I got out my winter dishes and every time I use them I think of you! It really was our best wedding gift!