Monday, October 13, 2008

Another Domestic Accomplishment

This last week I was just driving to work when I saw a local farmer stand with some raspberries. I was pumped!!! I thought that I was going to have to wait until next season to do some raspberry jam. So I went to the stand and bought all the raspberries that they had. It was about a flat and a half. I won't tell you how much I paid for them though. (Dusty about died) I took a few days to get it done. The first day, I washed and got them packaged. Then this weekend with the help of my sister and the support of Dusty, I finished it up.
The fresh raspberries. They smelled so good!
Washing them
Letting them dry
Packaging them up
Mixing it all together. I love the bright color
Filling the jars
The finished product! It made much more, but some of it is already in the freezer.
Dusty made some bread and we have been eating it with the raspberry jam.
It turned out great, and it wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be.
I just am feeling more domestic every day. hahaha

5 comments:

Tia J said...

You are so amazing!! I am glad your jam turned out I can only hope mine will turn out!!

Leah Stallings Fine Art Photography said...

Wow! You never cease to impress me!!! I am really gonna have to up my domesticness (I know that is not a word but I thought that it would work nicely) to keep up with you! You are so awesome!!!

Carlos & Karly said...

dang girl, I am so impressed!!

mrsdriscoll said...

yum alli! i want some!

tiffany said...

You never cease to amaze me! You ARE so domestic! First the pie- now the jam! Man- you are hired! Not to mention you are darling!