Monday, October 6, 2008

Homemade Apple Pie

On Sunday Shayla decided that she wanted to make dinner for some people and I told her that I would make dessert. I was just going to make easy apple crisp, but Dusty had gotten some apples from his parents' house and suggested that I make apple pie with the fresh apples. I am thinking to myself "I did this in high school, I can totally do it again." But at the same time I was really nervous because Shayla's sister Sharlyn (who is going to culinary school) was coming for dinner and that is like having a chef critique your work. Scary! So I got up Sunday morning and while watching conference I started the pie. I made the pie crust first and it wasn't too bad. Dusty helped me by peeling the apples and I made apple pie from scratch! And that night after dinner we tried it, and everyone liked it! I was relieved! This is the only pic that I took. I forgot to get one of the finished project. But this made me decide that I am going to try to be a little more domestic, and I will keep you posted how that goes. Thanks honey for the great suggestion and helping me out. You are awesome!

6 comments:

Cilka said...

YUM!!! I love apple pie. It looks like you did a great job! Homemade pie is way better than store bought. I wish it was a scratch and sniff picture. :)

Jen Carpenter said...

HELLO! I am so proud of you! You are so canning all next year with me, like it or not! We need to get together this week! Give me a buzz!

Love ya!

Unknown said...

Wow, apple pie from scratch is a big accomplishment (peeled fresh apples and home made crust)! You little domestic woman you!
FYI
You can make me apple pie anytime ;)

Kara said...

Looks yummy! I can't believe you cooked a pie! I am still far from that:) Maybe someday

The R Crew said...

I love your festive blog! A homemade pie is perfect for the fall season. It looks delicious, way to go! Maybe you'll inspire me...

Ulrich Family said...

Great job Ali C. That takes some major skill. Well done.