Monday, June 22, 2009

Strawberry Days Rodeo

All day Saturday, Dusty and I were planning on going to the Strawberry Days rodeo. The weather was horrible all day, and it REALLY was raining there for awhile. We kept our eyes on weather.com and saw the hope that the rain was suppose to stop by 7. People told us that we were crazy and that we were going to be miserable, but we didn't care. We were going. The main reason for going was because last year I missed it when I had my gallbladder, and I was really wanting some of those strawberries! So we headed over to the rodeo grounds at 7, and there were clear skies. We didn't have a drop of rain fall on us. I think that the bad weather made a lot of other people not want to come either, and so we had a good 10 feet on each side of us, and no one sitting in front of us. Amazing for the Strawberry Days rodeo on Saturday. The rodeo was awesome because of all the rain, it was wet mud in the whole arena. Everyone was covered, and it even made one of the horses trip because it was so slick. Thanks Dusty for braving the "suppose to be" bad weather!

Wild Cow Miking - those poor guys were being drug around, but they didn't let go!
On of my favorite things about rodeos is the royalty and their HOT outfits. I just don't understand the really bright colors and really tight pants. But it is entertaining anyway.
Here is a video I got




When we got home there was crazy amounts of water in our backyard. We are planning on putting a patio in our back yard, and Dusty has been digging it out and getting it ready. In the whole there was a good 4 inches or more of water. It was crazy! Dusty is going to fall in!!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

That is a lot of water! Wow! I am so glad you guys went to the rodeo & had so much fun! I am talking a bit better today! So hopefully we will see you this week...Wednesday & Thursday I think...?

Muncher Cruncher said...

oh my gosh that looks SO fun! I am jealous I didn't get to go! LOVE those rodeo princesses. So funny...