Friday, November 21, 2008

Twilight the Movie

Okay, so the movie Twilight came out last night. I really wanted to see it, but one I had to go to a movie theater that had reserved seating because I was not going to go stand in line, and two, I couldn't decide if I wanted to go the opening weekend since it would be super busy. But yesterday when I got home from work Dusty, being the amazing husband he is, asked me how bad I wanted to go to Twilight. I was honest and said "well pretty bad. I really want to see it." So he said that there were tickets (at a theater with reserved seating) at 2:30am with good seats. I said "let's do it!" So last night Dusty and I braved the crowds and went and saw Twilight. We got home at 5:30, and I had to be to work at 9 this morning. Good times!
Review of the Movie: I went into this movie with NO expectations. I knew it wasn't going to be as good as the book, and I knew that who they cast was completely different than what I had pictured. So I was pleasantly surprised. I really liked the movie! Although it was different from the book, it had the same overall feel. The cast was great and I really hope that they make the others movies because I think that they will also be really good. Dusty even said that he liked the movie. Bonus! I think that even if you haven't read the books, you should check out the movie and just watch it as a movie and don't worry about what the book was like. Let me know what you think!

This is what time we arrived at the movie theater
Dusty and I sitting in our seats. We were both pretty tired, but had just drank a Mt Dew.
Good thing!

7 comments:

The R Crew said...

Wow! First of all, Dusty IS a good husband! Props to him. Second you guys are die hard fans! I'm still trying to decide if I like it or not. It was okay for me. I really like their casting of Alice, Carlise, Emmet and Esme. Spot on. I didn't feel like they really developed the characters that well. I kept waiting for the magnificent love story in Twilight and they just barely brushed the surface of it. I'm sure I'll see it again in order to better decide what I really think. :)

kellie and craig said...

You are both crazies!! We have tickets for 4:00pm today. I would have fallen asleep if I would have went at a crazy time. I'm glad you liked it, I'll let you know what I think. And... What is Dusty doing wearing RED???? It is Rivarly week ya know!!!

Unknown said...

Yes, you will have to tell me what you think! Dusty doesn't have a preference on the whole BYU vs Utah. He likes both. hahahaha. But for you sake I hope BYU wins. :)

tiffany said...

You ARE crazy! I love it though. what a sweet little husband!!

Unknown said...

WOW! The 2:30 show! That is so awesome, I knew you would do a post on Twilight too! I didn't have high expectations either and I really loved it. It is so crazy how you have this picture in your head of what the characters look like then you see the movie and your like "what?" Alice looked exactly like I pictured her though, love her!

Cilka said...

I really liked the movie too! Scott and I just saw it tonight. He actually kindof liked it too! Yay for Twilight!

Leah Stallings Fine Art Photography said...

I am glad that I am not the only crazy! I went to a 1 am showing but I live just around the corner from our theater so I didn't have to drive far or anything. And like you I had reserved tickets because I wasn't going to wait outside in the wind! But my thoughts were the same as yours, I didn't have any expectations going in and I was totally surprised that I ended up liking the characters (it took Kristen Stewart as Bella a little while to grow on me but I liked her in the end). I actually have already gone to it twice.