Sunday, May 19, 2013

New York City for Mother's Day

Over Mother's Day weekend I went out to New York and got to see one of my best friends Karly and have a really good time. 

Day One: Karly worked during the day, so while she was working I went to the MET. It was really cool and had some interesting stuff in it. That night Karly and I went to a delicious Mexican place for dinner. 





Day Two:  We went to The Great Gatsby, which was awesome! Made me want to read the book again. Karly also introduced me to Max Brenner's Chocolate Bar. It was AMAZING!!! I got the mac and cheese, which is the best I have ever had and then we shared the chocolate fondue. Everything was delicious and it is now a top choice for the next time I go back


Day Three: It was Mother's Day, and we started out by going to brunch at The Smith. This place was also very delicious. I got a BLT-E, it was a BLT with a fried egg. It is a must go back! 
 Karly and I 
 We went and saw Newsies. It was incredible. I have always loved the movie and was very excited to see the play. It did not disappoint. 
 Waiting for the play to start


Day Four: On my last day in New York, Karly was working so I took my time and went to a few landmarks. I went and saw the progress on the 9/11 Memorial. I can't wait to go back when everything is done. Went to Grand Central Station and had lunch and then went to Central Park. I love Central Park, and I enjoyed sitting and relaxing. 

This is by the 9/11 Memorial. It was such a cool place to go and see
 At the Memorial

Central Park


Grand Central

I had the best trip and loved being able to see and hang out with Karly! Thanks for being an awesome hostess and friend! Love you! 

No comments: