Saturday, April 26, 2008

Brain Surgery

So, a lot has happened in the last couple of months. The biggest thing is that I had brain surgery on February 16, 2008. I had been really sick for a couple of months and we could figure out what was wrong with me, so my amazing husband decided it would be a good idea to do a MRI. Well, guess what? We found something! It was a brain cyst, and the doctor said that it had probably been there since I was born and it had just started to grow and started to cause me some problems. Everything went really well, we got into the doctor quickly (not 6 months that it normally takes) and the recovery went so well. I was back to work part time within 3 weeks. So, Dusty and I have been very blessed and know that without Heavenly Father's help it would not have gone so smoothly. But here is a pic of my scar when I got home. And the next pick is of a Get Well message from our Bishop's family. They live across the street from us. They have such great kids.


So, that is the most exiciting news by far, but I will try to get a pic posted of my hair growing back in. I just haven't taken one yet.

5 comments:

kellie and craig said...

I love the new look of your blog! It's totally you! I am so glad that everything worked out so well with the brain surgery... That scar is huge and it kinda looks like a zipper:) I'm glad your recovering and getting back to normal so fast. How are you guys doing? I love how blogs can keep people in touch.

The Thomason's said...

Holy Cow!! I can't believe that you had brain surgery! I am glad that it wasn't anything too serious and that you are doing okay. I bet Dustin and your family were scared to death. Let me know if the "Host" book is good because I want to read it. It sounds kinda weird but so did vampires and I loved those:)

Ulrich Family said...

Ali - you are amazing. I'm glad that your surgery and your recovery both went well and that things are continuing to go well for you guys. I knew you were having surgery, but I never heard how things went and how you were doing, so I'm glad to hear that you are doing good. Great job!
Katie

Durrant said...

Okay, so I have noticed your comments on our blog and I just now realized how to see what your blog is. Super cute by the way! I can't believe you had brain surgery. I am so glad that it was not more serious and you are doing better. I think the way they did it is great, you can't even tell when your hair is down! Good luck with the rest of your recovery!

Shelley said...

Oh my gosh that is CRAZINESS. Kara told me about it! So glad to hear everything went well! :)